I was born and raised in Miami, FL and I currently live in Portland, OR. I attended Florida International University and Florida State University where I earned a Bachelor of Arts, a Master of Business Administration, and a Master of Science in Finance. I'm employed as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Blue Harbor Senior Living where I work at the intersection of technology, data, and finance.
I have a passion for learning new things. It could be something as small as a new Excel formula or something as big as a new programming language. Currently, I'm studying for the MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development certification through Microsoft and I'm reading a book called 'Visualizing Data' by Ben Fry, both of which will help develop my skillset in sourcing, cleansing, and analyzing data.
• Gather & define user requirements to understand data needs of internal stakeholders.
• Develop SQL queries to source, clean, and prepare data for analysis.
• Create complex analyses that lead to actionable insights using Excel and SSRS.
• Develop, test, and deploy database applications using SQL, SSRS, and SSIS.
• Create reports in SSRS and Microsoft Excel using financial and operational data.
• Plan, document, and implement ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) packages using SSIS.
• Promote sound data governance and policy as the company's primary data steward.
• Work with general ledger data to create monthly variance reporting and key performance indicator tracking.
• Mapped the data relationships of our ERP’s data model without a data dictionary, which led to the acquisition of new data and insightful analytical opportunities for the entire company.
• Created complex SQL queries, using joins, subqueries, views, derived tables, and other complex methods, that enabled the creation of automated reporting.
• Developed an automated report using SQL and SSRS to track the occupancy of twenty six senior living facilities, which saved 10+ hours a week of manual work and significantly eliminated errors.
• Created an automated daily dashboard for internal and external stakeholders that tracked key performance indicators and allowed for consistent monitoring of the business.
• Developed an automated commissions report using SQL and SSRS that fully replaced a manual process, saved over 20+ hours a month, and eliminated financial errors.
• Currently leading a project to convert our company’s CRM system by sourcing and converting our lead data to match the data model of the target system.
Environment: Visual Studio, MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Excel, VBA
• Developed custom reporting solutions using Excel, VBA, and internal business intelligence tools.
• Analyzed client financial data using quantitative and statistical formulas in Excel.
• Created custom VBA scripts to organize, clean, and automate the reporting process.
• Verified investment returns and correct any discrepancies affecting performance reporting.
• Developed custom dashboards in Excel to monitor investment performance.
• Created ad-hoc cash flow and balance sheet analyses to support key business decisions.
• Extracted and analyzed data sets of client financial data to find and correct errors.
• Created custom client presentations using PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, and Business Objects.
• Managed the investment relationships of international and domestic clients.
• Formulated asset allocations strategies and long term financial plans.
• Managed the daily cash flow needs of all clients.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and organized compliance records.
• Formulation of asset allocation strategies and long term financial planning and analyses.
• Coordination of monthly investment seminars.
• Awarded the 2009 Investment Associate of the Year award.
• Selected by central management to be the Investment Associate training officer for new hires.
• Personal Health Dashboard: A Tableau Personal Health Dashboard I created by extracting data from my Fitbit.
• Sales Analysis Dashboard: I designed a dummy sales dashboard for a fake corporation.
• Fantasy Football Analysis: Using fantasy football data form the internet, I created a visualization in Tableau of fantasy football points scored between 1999-2013.
• Analyze NYC Subway Trends: Used Python, Pandas, SQL, and matplotlib to source, clean, organize, and analyze the trends of NYC subway riders.
• Enron Fraud Analysis: Used Python and Scikit-learn machine learning algorithms to predict who was involved in the Enron fraud.
• Personal Website: Source code to the website you are currently browsing. I used HTML, CSS, Python, Linux, jQuery, and d3 to create it.
• Space Game: Source code to the space shooter game I developed using Phaser.js, HTML, and CSS.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Udacity: Intro to Programming Nanodegree
• Udacity: Data Analyst Nanodegree
• 2016 Northern Trust Building the Business Award
• 2013 Florida Intercollegiate Case Competition participant
• 2012 Florida State University Certificate in Ethical Leadership
• 2009 SunTrust Investment Associate of the Year